A26 MEWP Boom
A26 MEWP (Boom)
- A: Vehicle Mounted
- B: Self Propelled
Who is it for?
MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platform) operators who want to take their CPCS test to gain their Red Trained Operator Card.
Beginner (Max 4 candidates per course)
This is a three day course for operators with little or no experience plus a testing day.
Experienced (Max 4 candidates per course)
This is a one day course for operators with day to day experience of operating a MEWP (Boom) plus a testing day.
This training can be done at our training centre or at your site (subject to CPCS minimum requirements).
Please contact our sales office for further information and course costs.
If you do not require CPCS we can arrange an NPORS or bespoke course to suit your needs.
CITB Grant Available
A grant of £250 may be available to CITB Levy contributors per candidate upon successful completion of the theory and practical elements of the CPCS A26 MEWP (Boom) course. Additional grants of £400 per candidate may also be available upon successful completion of the NVQ Level 2 Plant Operator Qualification. Click here for further information.
CPCS Testing And Further Courses
Health and Safety test within 2 years
Theory - a verbal test with one to one questions with the tester
Practical - a test including:
- Manufacturers pre start and running checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over level surfaces (all types) and uneven terrain (self propelled)
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Access working points up to full operating height and reach
- Travel with a raised platform (relevant endorsement)
- Carry out the shutdown and securing procedures for the MEWP
NVQ Level 2 and CPCS Blue Competence Card