Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Generator (Genny) Training Course
To provide each delegate with the knowledge needed to safely and correctly operate a Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) along with a Signal Generator (GENNY) when tracing underground services. As a “hands on” training course, each delegate will be allowed sufficient time to trace and locate local underground services.
• Associated Regulations and Industry Guidance (HSG47)
• The requirements of the Regulations with respect to Detecting and Tracing Underground Services
• Reasons for using locators
• Hazards arising from the use of Cable Avoidance Tools and Signal Generators and precautions which should be observed
• Identification of types of Cable Avoidance Tools and Signal Generator
• Implications of damage, handling and transporting of Equipment
• Inspecting, calibration and testing of equipment
• The methods of safe use of pipe and cable location equipment, along with basic locating techniques
• Safe working practices
Upon successfully passing the written assessment at the end of the course, each delegate will be sent a certificate of instruction and attendance of training and course notes.