Telescopic Handler (Telehandler) operators who want to take their CPCS test to gain their Red Trained Operator Card.
Beginner (Max 3 candidates per course)
This is a four day course for operators with little or no experience plus a testing day.
Experienced (Max 3 candidates per course)
This is a one day course for operators with day to day experience of operating the Telehandler plus a testing day.
This training can be done at our training centre or at your site (subject to CPCS minimum requirements).
A - Industrial Telescopic
B - Up to 9 metres
C - All sizes excluding 360 slew
D - All sizes inc 360 slew
CITB Grant Available
A grant of £300 may be available to CITB Levy contributors per candidate upon successful completion of the theory and practical elements of the CPCS A17 Telescopic Handler course. Additional grants of £400 per candidate may also be available upon successful completion of the NVQ Level 2 Plant Operator Qualification. Click here for further information.
CPCS Testing And Further Courses
Health and Safety test within 2 years
Theory - a verbal test with one to one questions with the tester
Practical - a test including:
• Undertake all pre-use checks
• Configure and set plant for site travel
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines & level surfaces (with and without loads)
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces
• Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the Telehandler
• Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
• Place and remove loads from a Vehicle
• Park the Telehandler and carry out the shutdown and securing procedures