MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platform) operators who want to take their CPCS test to gain their Red Trained Operator Card.
Beginner (Max 4 candidates per course)
This is a three day course for operators with little or no experience plus a testing day.
Experienced (Max 4 candidates per course)
This is a one day course for operators with day to day experience of operating a MEWP (Boom) plus a testing day.
This training can be done at our training centre or at your site (subject to CPCS minimum requirements).
CITB Grant Available
A grant of £250 may be available to CITB Levy contributors per candidate upon successful completion of the theory and practical elements of the CPCS A26 MEWP (Boom) course. Additional grants of £400 per candidate may also be available upon successful completion of the NVQ Level 2 Plant Operator Qualification. Click here for further information.
CPCS Testing And Further Courses
Health and Safety test within 2 years
Theory - a verbal test with one to one questions with the tester
Practical - a test including:
• Manufacturers pre start and running checks
• Check emergency lowering functions
• Configure and set for site travel
• Travel over level surfaces (all types) and uneven terrain (self propelled)
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces
• Configure and set for accessing duties
• Position the platform to access a work position
• Access working points up to full operating height and reach
• Travel with a raised platform (relevant endorsement)
• Carry out the shutdown and securing procedures for the MEWP