Trencher operators who want to take their CPCS test to gain their Red Trained Operator Card.
Beginner (Max 3 candidates per course)
This is a three day course for operators with little or no experience plus a testing day.
Experienced (Max 3 candidates per course)
This is a one day course for operators with day to day experience of operating the Trencher plus a testing day.
This training can be done at our training centre or at your site (subject to CPCS minimum requirements).
CITB Grant Available
A grant of £300 may be available to CITB Levy contributors per candidate upon successful completion of the theory and practical elements of the CPCS A37 Trencher course. Additional grants of £400 per candidate may also be available upon successful completion of the NVQ Level 2 Plant Operator Qualification. Click here for further information.
CPCS Testing And Further Courses
Health and Safety test within 2 years
Theory - a verbal test with one to one questions with the tester
Practical - a test including:
• Manufacturers pre start and running checks
• Configure and set for travel
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces
• Configure and set for excavating duties
• Produce cut trenches in various types of ground
• Produce consistent depths of cut in level and uneven ground
• Cut trenches up and down inclines
• Place materials into transporting vehicles
• Park the Trencher and carry out the shutdown and securing procedures