This course is designed to provide information and practice to help employees and employers meet their legal requirements and reduce the risk of expensive accidents when carrying out reversing manoeuvres in the workplace.
Every year a number of people are killed and seriously injured on company sites due to a lack of training and supervision in manoeuvring activities in the workplace. Training in this high risk activity is therefore an essential first step in reducing damage and injury.
PUWER 1998 (9) requires all people who guide such equipment, to receive adequate training to supervise / manage it’s safe use.
• Current Legislation – (HASAWA 1974 / PUWER 1998 / Safety Signs & Signals Regs 1996)
• Delegates issued with an operators handbook
• HSE Operator safety video – Dead Slow
• Understanding roles of the driver and banksman
• Understanding the key issues arising out of reversing and manoeuvring
• Identify areas of danger for reversing vehicles
• Demonstrate recommended HSE code of signals and reversing procedure
• Theoretical Assessment
• Practical Assessment